Lead Frontend Engineer
Salary $80,000 - $150,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, our families, and our friends, and know it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy, we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe health benefits should be simple, accessible, and technology-driven. Moreover, we believe healthcare should be grounded by the people that it serves. Our mission is to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless.
We deliver a connected healthcare experience for over 200,000 members and 45+ companies across the nation who want the best for their employees. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare of those around you, join us.
Why join us?
About The Work
Our Product Leads apply their technical expertise to ensure that we’re building our products efficiently with an eye towards the future and they guide product decisions based on their knowledge of the codebase. As a Product Lead, you’ll work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to manage the development process of one of our award-winning products. You’ll write user stories and documentation, break features down into smaller units of work, perform code reviews, mentor junior product engineers, write some code yourself, respond to outages, and improve our software quality to prevent future outages.
We pay 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision plans. We also offer flexible time off, life insurance, a retirement plan, and plenty of perks to keep you happy, healthy, and engaged.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with designers, product managers, and customers to understand user stories and document test cases
- Collaborate with design on UI and UX to satisfy competing requirements by a deadline
- Work with designers and product managers to ensure feasibility of deadlines with compromise, thorough planning, and creative use of existing resources
- Ensure engineers understand the work and tasks at hand before and during implementation via meetings, Slack, user stories, and other agile rituals
- Coordinate with both product and project managers to identify multi-team dependencies, finalize milestone dates, and ensure action items are done in the correct order
- Trace bugs across the surface as well as deep into our stack to provide the right people with the information needed to resolve them
- Mentor junior engineers through pair programming, code reviews, architectural discussions, troubleshooting, design documents, and other tools of the trade
- Align on endpoints and contracts with backend engineers to ensure end to end integration goes smoothly
- Create threat models with security engineers, meet to understand security recommendations and ultimately verify that the product is sufficiently secure
You’ll be working with an empathetic and collaborative team that is excited to answer your questions and share their wisdom with you. We expect you to do the same.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who’s done this work before in a professional setting. You won’t be able to answer all of our questions or know how all of our systems work in your first week, and we don’t expect you to. If you haven’t used all of our stack before, that’s fine. You’ll learn on the job and get up to speed quickly.
We don’t have specific requirements on years of experience or degrees because we care more about what you can do, and how you do it. Some members of our team have CS degrees, others are self-taught, have unrelated degrees or graduated from a coding bootcamp. At Collective Health, we believe diversity in background is just one of many forms of diversity that make for a strong team. What we want is leadership, ownership, and accountability.
We value people who are team-oriented, who constantly learn and more importantly, constantly teach. Above all, we want you to help us improve consistently over time.